Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register my team for the funder workshop?
The funder workshop meeting registration can be found here. Each attendee should be registered individually, using their work email address. If you encounter problems while registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “FW21 REGISTRATION SUPPORT”
Can anyone attend the funder workshop?
No, we are limiting this workshop for practitioners in the philanthropic sector (i.e. foundations, other grantmaking organizations, and philanthropy-serving organizations). We will be double checking the registration list to make sure all attendees qualify.
If you have a question about your eligibility for the event, please contact email@example.com using the subject line “FW21 REGISTRATION SUPPORT”
Is this funder workshop part of the Government Alliance on Race and Equity’s (GARE) Annual Membership Meeting?
This workshop acts as a precursor to the Government Alliance on Race and Equity’s Annual Membership Meeting. Attending this workshop will not give you automatic access to the Government Alliance on Race and Equity’s Annual Membership Meeting.
If you wish to also attend both the Workshop and the Annual Membership meeting, please select and add the combined ticket option valued at $425 to your cart.
If you already purchased a funder workshop only ticket and wish to change to a combined ticket, please contact mstewart[@]raceforward.org using the subject line “FW21 REGISTRATION SUPPORT”
How can you register for the Government Alliance on Race and Equity’s (GARE) Annual Membership Meeting?
Participants invited to attend the funder workshop (May 17-18), are also welcome to purchase a ticket to the GARE Annual Membership Meeting. If you were not initially invited to the funder workshop directly by Race Forward or through our content and promotional partners but are interested in attending, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “GARE REGISTRATION SUPPORT”
If your organization is a GARE member and looking to only attend the GARE Annual Membership Meeting please click HERE
Do I have to attend the funder workshop in order to attend the GARE meeting?
No, you can fully attend the Government Alliance on Race and Equity’s Annual Membership Meeting without attending the funder workshop.
What is the refund policy for the funders workshop? Is it the same for the GARE Annual Membership Meeting?
If you are no longer able to attend the funder workshop and/or 2021 GARE Membership Meeting, obtaining a refund is possible. We are offering the same refund policy participants that attendees of the GARE Annual meeting are receiving. The refund policy is in place to respect and protect the labor and time of the Race Forward staff and speakers that will be sharing their expertises with workshop participants. Refunds will be issued in the form of the original method of payment to the person or organization that made the payment.
You can request a refund directly from your Eventbrite account (see instructions here)
- Log in to Eventbrite.
- Go to “Tickets” in your account. Select the ticket you want a refund for.
- Click “Request a refund”.
- Review your details and select a refund reason.
- Select a refund method ($USD only).
- Click “Continue”.
- Review your details and click “Submit request”.
Refund requests received in writing, via email on or before April 30, 2021 will receive a refund for their registration fee, according to the following refund schedule:
- If cancellation on or after 3/1/2021 through 3/31/2021: 50% refund
- If cancellation on or after 4/1/2021 through 4/30/2021: 25% refund
- Please note: No refunds will be processed after April 30, 2021
If the refund request is made 90 days or more after the payment date, said refund will be issued via check to the original payee. Please allow up to 4 weeks for the refund to be processed.
You may also: a) request to transfer your registration to someone in your organization or network; or b) donate your registration fee to benefit those who need registration support.
To request a refund, or for more information on any of these options you can contact email@example.com and use the subject line “FW21 REFUND”. Please note: No refunds will be processed after April 30, 2021.
Can I be invoiced for my ticket rather than buying it directly?
We know some organizations prefer to utilize invoicing systems to pay for conference registration. However, we are a small team that does not have the capacity to process your invoices in-house. As such, we are requesting that you either a) use a credit card provided by your organization to process payment for the funder workshop or b) consider using a personal credit card to process payment and get reimbursed by your organization.
If invoicing is your only option to purchase a ticket, please share your specific situation with us, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FW21 INVOICE INQUIRY” so that we can gauge the level of need and our ability to handle your request.
Access & Technology
What will be used for this online event? What technology do I need to access the event?
We will be using Zoom to hold this workshop.
You will need the following to access this Zoom workshop:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in, or:
- An HD cam or HD camcorder with a video-capture card
- Note: See the list of supported devices.
- Virtual camera software for use with broadcasting software like OBS or IP cameras
- Note: For macOS, Zoom client 5.1.1 or higher is required.
For more information please read the article created by Zoom
Will you be providing accessibility services (e.g. closed captioning, ASL interpretation) for this event?
We will work to provide reasonable accommodation for attendees needing any assistive services for this event, including but not limited to ASL interpretation and closed captioning.
Requests for reasonable accommodation should be made by end of day April 30th, 2021 by contacting Michael Stewart at email@example.com. Using the subject line “FW21 ACCESS”
What type of programming can I expect at the funder workshop?
Over the span of two days, this workshop will feature insights from practitioners who are building and re-imagining cross-sector models for local multiracial democracy led by communities of color. Attendees will have space to connect with a multiracial group of philanthropic practitioners who share a commitment to racial equity practice and cross-sector collaboration. Includes presentations, breakout sessions, and digital salons/happy hours. All event activities for the workshop will take place on Zoom.
The Philanthropic Change Program at Race Forward is delighted to announce the following speakers will be featured in the event program:
- Alfred Bud Lane III (Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians) – Vice Chairman of the Confederate Tribes of Siletz (OR); Vice-Chair of the First Peoples Fund Board; and Board President of the Northwest Native American Basketweavers Association
- Eleni Refu – Senior Engagement Associate, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Glenn Harris – President, Race Forward
- Jeanné Lewis – Vice President and Chief Engagement Officer, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Lori Lea Pourier (Oglala Lakota) – President, First Peoples Fund
- Lori Villarosa – Founder and Executive Director, Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity
- Marcus Walton – CEO, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
- Nikki Pieratos – NDN Fund Managing Director, NDN Collective
- Sherry Salway Black (Oglala Lakota) – Chairperson of the First Peoples Fund Board; Board Member, the Johnson Scholarship Foundation; and Trustee, the Native American Agriculture Fund
- Sydney Fang – Just Transition Organizer, Justice Funders
Additional speakers to be announced at a later date.
I need a conference agenda in order to get approval from my employer to attend the AMM. Where can I find one?
As we confirm content, we will update this FAQ page and the Eventbrite page with the latest information available. Please check back by the end of March for an updated agenda.