Core Members are those jurisdictions that have made a commitment to advancing racial equity across the breadth (all functions) and depth (from frontline staff to appointed and elected leadership) of their jurisdiction. This commitment can be demonstrated by development and implementation of a Racial Equity Work Plan or Strategic Plan, integration of racial equity into other strategic or operational plans, use of a Racial Equity Tool in routine decision making, and/or adoption of legislation that describes the jurisdiction’s commitment.
Core Member benefits include:
- Access to GARE Monthly membership meetings, monthly member webinars, and members-only tools and resources
- Access to Members-Only Working Groups
- Technical assistance from Regional Managers and other experts in our network
- Complimentary administration of a jurisdiction-wide employee equity assessment
- Access to the GARE Members-Only Portal for documents library, member forum, and discussion groups
- 10% off GARE Training (see attached list)
- Complimentary tickets to GARE Annual Meeting dependent on size of jurisdiction
- Eligibility to apply to the Innovation and Implementation Fund (quarterly grants from $5,000-$20,000) for innovative racial equity practices that center community engagement
- Speaking opportunities and publication opportunities during GARE Events or on the GARE Blog
In addition to being a part of a peer-to-peer Network, Core Members have access to training and facilitation from GARE and its Technical Assistance Group (as delineated on an annual basis in the work plan); members-only resources that support peer-to-peer connections; specific tools, such as the Racial Equity ScoreCard and Results Based Accountability software; and support on the development of new policies and implementation of best practices via issue papers. An Implementation and Innovation Fund (grants of $5,000-$20,000) are available to Core Members on a quarterly basis in 2018.
Core Members pay annual dues on a sliding scale, based on number of employees:
- Up to 1,000 employees = $1,000
- 1,001 to 4,000 employees = $5,000
- 4,001 to 8,000 employees = $7,500
- 8,001 to 14,000 employees = $12,500
- 14,001 to 20,000 employees = $17,500
- More than 20,000 employees = $22,500
A jurisdiction may become a member at any point during the year; annual renewal dates will be based on the original date of joining, subject to completion of the membership renewal process.
State/Regional Agency Members are eligible to receive Core Membership benefits on a sliding scale based on number of employees:
- Up to 500 employees = $2,500/year
- 501-4,000 employees = $5,000/year
- 4,001 – 10,000 employees = $8,000/year
- More than 10,000 employees = $15,000/ year
Offices, Divisions, or Departments within state-wide or multi-jurisdictional agencies are eligible for this state/regional membership.
Associate Member dues are also on a sliding scale based on number of employees:
- Up to 4,000 employees = $2,000/year
- 4,001 – 14,000 employees = $4,000/year
- More than 14,000 employees = $6,000/ year
Associate Members can participate in group activities related to their specific department’s focus, as well as other activities on a space-available basis, but cannot apply for Implementation and Innovation Funding.