In 2016, GARE partnered with Bay Area Health Inequities Initiatives (BAHII) on a series of webinars on racial equity and government.
In this webinar, GARE and BAHII discuss contracting for equity.
In this webinar, GARE and BAHII discuss workforce equity:
- Listen to the recording here.
- Download the PowerPoint here.
- Read GARE’s report on applying the racial equity tool.
The goals for the webinar were to:
- Gain an understanding of racial equity tools.
- Share examples of how racial equity tools have been used.
- Explore the challenges that may arise when using the tool & ways different jurisdictions have addressed them.
- Get inspired by the ways people are using racial equity tools.
The webinar included outside experts who have led successful change efforts in their jurisdictions. Speakers included:
- Andrew Scott, Portland, OR, who shared how his jurisdiction is using a racial equity tool in budgeting.
- Jordan Bingham, Madison, WI, who shared how the use of the tool grew in her jurisdiction and highlighted how to include community in the process.
- Patricia Lally, Seattle, WA, who shared some of the potential pitfalls in applying the tool and how to avoid and address them.