Join this one-day gathering on January 31, that will connect with the New Partners for Smart Growth Conference in San Francisco. GARE’s Statewide Convening is an outstanding opportunity for setting statewide alignment of specific practice and policy targets for jurisdictions, as well as a recruitment opportunity aimed at broadening the number of jurisdictions in California engaged in the work. GARE currently engages more than 30 jurisdictions throughout California that represent 23.2 million of the state’s residents. This is a critical moment in the growing movement in government to advance racial equity and your participation is essential.
- Set targets for California GARE work for 2018-19
- Review the potential for statewide advocacy
- Identify opportunities for regional synergy
- Be inspired by national leadership via keynote and practical presentation
- Provide the best practice exchange, networking, challenge resolving, and opportunity identification for which GARE has become renowned
Who Should Attend
- Representatives from GARE member jurisdictions based in California
- Current and recent participants in GARE California Racial Equity Learning Year Cohorts
- Jurisdiction representatives from cities and counties contemplating participation in GARE
- Interested elected officials from each of the aforementioned categories
- Additional participants/independent reservations at two rates
- $75 for nine-county Bay Area jurisdictions
- $45 for those traveling from beyond the nine-county Bay Area
To register for the convening, click here.