The Center for Social Inclusion (“CSI”) is a fast-paced, collaborative, cutting-edge national policy strategy organization that works to transform structural racial inequity into structural opportunity. As a multi-issue racial justice organization, CSI, works at the intersection of big ideas and grassroots advocacy. We work with community groups and national organizations to develop policy ideas, foster effective leadership, and develop communications tools for an opportunity-rich world in which we all will thrive. CSI identifies strategic opportunities for structurally transformative policies that will create inclusion for communities of color and solutions to some of nation’s biggest problems. CSI catalyzes ideas and helps communities of color and national organizations alike make the ideas operational. CSI seeks a Network Manager to join its Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE) program team.
Center for Social Inclusion (CSI) recently united with Race Forward under the name Race Forward to align, strengthen, and multiply our efforts towards racial justice. Newly appointed positions, including the one below, will be on-boarded as staff of CSI, but will eventually become a member of Race Forward team as we progress in our transition towards becoming one organization
The GARE Network Manager will provide support to the GARE membership network and manage all aspects of network operations and activities. The membership network currently has more than 50 member jurisdictions and a presence in 17 states. Given the rapid growth of the GARE membership network, this position plays an important role in the network’s ability to offer streamlined support and resources to its members. Work includes providing relevant information to jurisdictions as they join GARE, providing staffing and content support for GARE subject area groups, and providing support to the Vice President of Institutional Change and the GARE Regional Managers.
The Network Manager’s essential functions include managing the on-boarding process as new jurisdictions become GARE members, supporting the network’s rapid response team and managing the GARE membership database. This includes scheduling and facilitating on-boarding calls, tracking membership information through AirTable, writing and editing for the GARE website, and managing the members-only portal of the website. In addition, this position will be responsible for connecting jurisdictions to other peers within the network, managing member relationships, fielding requests for additional information, and other necessary network management activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GARE Membership Network Operations and Activities:
- Manage the on-boarding process with new GARE members;
- Assist in staffing the GARE Steering Committee, monthly membership meetings, and the annual in-person meeting;
- Respond to external questions and requests about the GARE membership network;
- Maintain and update the GARE website;
- Co-chair the GARE Rapid Response Working Group and plan/coordinate associated webinars;
- Offer support and staffing for other subject area groups as needed;
- Provide technical assistance for GARE webinars;
- Support Vice President of Institutional Change and GARE Regional Managers as needed;
- Monitor and support member priorities and emerging topics;
- Maintain database of members in AirTable;
- Update the GARE membership application and other GARE materials as needed.
Involve and Connect GARE Members
- Identify opportunities for cross-jurisdictional collaboration;
- Maintain and regularly update the GARE members-only portal;
- Write blog posts that elevate the work being done by member jurisdictions;
- Promote member engagement;
- Manage relationships with new jurisdictions and provide support/additional information as requested;
- Track member status and renewal;
- Offer facilitation support for GARE meetings and events as needed;
- Support jurisdictions in identifying training opportunities as needed;
- Identify opportunities to expand how the GARE membership network operates;
- Outreach to potential new members as needed.
The GARE Network Manager reports to the Vice President of Institutional Change
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and anti-poverty work;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with government; or a minimum of 2 years of experience working with networks, coalitions, or cohorts;
- Excellent program management and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively;
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to absorb and synthesize information quickly and identify opportunities to streamline processes;
- Effective facilitation skills;
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to multi-task effectively.
This position requires long periods of time at a desk on a computer and also includes some travel.
All CSI staff members are expected to demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Respect for differences whether racial, ethnic, class, sexual orientation, gender, or class;
- Effective, respectful, and timely communications with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, and others;
- Effective team work and collegiality to ensure the timely, strategic, and successful completion of work;
- Listens effectively, seeks and accepts feedback, and recognizes the importance of stretching oneself, learning, and growing;
- Is an analytic, thoughtful and strategic thinker and actor, considering the mission, objectives, work plans, and goals of CSI’s work and demonstrating an understanding of the impact of her/his decisions and behavior on the organization;
- Seeks out advice, counsel, and permission appropriately, but is not afraid to act when it is required to be effective.
Center for Social Inclusion deeply values and is committed to diversity. We honor the differences among us, knowing those differences strengthen and enhance not only our experience while at the Center for Social Inclusion but our community as well. In this way, we can utilize our diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives to create a culture of inclusion. Center for Social Inclusion seeks people from all segments of the community for all job levels and actively supports the development of employees for personal growth internal advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or veteran status.
November 3, 2017
Please address inquiries and submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references, in PDF format to Dwayne Marsh at Careers@thecsi.org. Include the job title “GARE Network Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.